St.George´s Church was built in 1311. The interior has wellpreserved and nicely illustrated, consecrated crosses. The church was completely renovated after thorough archaeological and conservation studies in 1992 and 1993. |
Gornji Tučepi is dominated by this very impressive parish church of St. Anthony of Padua, which was built in 1911. The interior of the church is decorated with marbled ornaments, while three baroque altars were transferred from the older church oft he same name which was situated a few hundred metres to the northeast. St. Anthony is the patron saint of Tučepi.
Tučepi villages Podpec, Covici, Srida Sela, Mravicici, Sevelji, Simici and Podstup are typical Mediterranean villages with all the characteristics oft he traditional, coastal architecture.
Knowledge of olive cultivation and oil processing dates back to the early 20th century. In the center of Tučepi, on Tučepi promenade, you can find an old building where olive oil was produced. The building was established in 1911, and the founder were 45 Tučepi family.
The Seagull´s Wing Monument, which dominates the place on a hillside high above Podgora, was built in memory oft he Partisans´war flotilla in the Second World War. It is over 20 metres high and was made by sculptor Rajko Radovic. This monument was unveiled by President Josip Broz Tito on 10th September, 1962, on the 20th anniversary of the founding of the Yugoslavia war flotilla.